Music and Movies
Hoopla provides library patrons with movies, TV shows, music and audiobooks downloadable directly to a computer, tablet or smartphone with no late fees and when the lending period ends titles are automatically removed from your device. Here's how it works:
Checkout periods are as follows:
3 days for video
7 days for music
21 days for audiobook
No hold lists! - An unlimited number of people can borrow the same item at the same time.
Every OCFPL patron can check out 20 Hoopla titles a month. Once you've reached your limit you can easily add titles to your Favorites list for a future checkout.
Here's how to get started:
1. Visit www.hoopladigital.com and click on "Sign Up" at the top right of the page.
2. Agree to the Hoopla Terms and Conditions of Use and click on "Continue."
3. Choose the Ocean City Free Public Library from the drop down menu then click continue.
4. Enter your barcode number and hit "Continue".
5. Provide an email address and create a password. This email password combo will be used to authenticate you as a Hoopla user on any computer or device you use to access Hoopla content.
6. Once you are registered browse Hoopla's custom lists or search for your favorite titles and artists.
7. Download the Hoopla app from the App Store or Google Play store to enjoy your Hoopla checkouts on the go.
Freegal Music is a downloadable music service based on the Sony digital music library with over 500,000 songs available.
Freegal Music offers DRM-free music downloads in MP3 format that can play on any MP3 player, including the iPod. Downloaded music can be loaded into iTunes and on both PCs and Macs. Songs don’t expire, you own them!
Library cardholders are limited to 5 downloaded tracks a week and your limit resets on Sunday at midnight.
- To login you must have your library barcode number and a pin setup. If you have not setup a pin number, please go to http://catalog.oceancitylibrary.org/patroninfo and enter only your name and barcode number and hit submit. This will walk you through the process of setting a pin number.
- If you have a pin and forgot it, please visit the reference desk with your barcode and valid ID to have it reset.
- To stream a song, click the circular arrow icon to the left of the song title to hear a snippet of the song.
- Important: If you click “Download Now,” play the song, but do not “Save” it you will use up one download for the week.
- To download a song, click the "Download Now" link to its right. Click "Save" and select somewhere to save it on your home computer or a Flash drive.
- Important: Any time you click on the "Download Now" link, even if you “Cancel” the download, you have used up one of your three downloads for the week
Libraries have a longstanding commitment to protecting the privacy of their customers. Records of physical books checked out are currently protected by law. However, in other categories of content such as electronic books and/or databases third party vendors may choose to collect and/or disclose information about users and use patterns (bookmarks, margin notes, etc.) of which libraries and users would be unaware.
Library records which contain the names or other personally identifying details regarding the users of libraries are confidential and shall not be disclosed except in the following circumstances:
a. The records are necessary for the proper operation of the library;
b. Disclosure is requested by the user; or
c. Disclosure is required pursuant to a subpoena issued by a court or court order.
L.1985, c 172, s. 2, eff. May 31, 1985
Adopted by the NJLA Executive Board Nov. 15, 2011