The Positive Power of Humor, Hope and Healing
|Date:||April 11, 2014|
|Time:||2:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
Presented by Dr. Joel Goodman
Director of The HUMOR Project, Inc. in Saratoga Springs, NY
Dr. Joel Goodman is founder of The HUMOR Project, Inc. in Saratoga Springs, New York (www.HumorProject.com), which is the first organization in the world to focus on the positive power of humor. Joel is a popular presenter whose programs have tickled and touched the lives of millions all over the planet. In fact, Joel is one of only two professional speakers in the world to have presented in all 50 states and on all seven continents. Author of eight books and recipient of the International Lifetime of Laughter Achievement Award, his pioneering work has been featured in 7000+ TV and radio shows, newspapers and magazines in 175+ countries. Joel is back-by-popular demand for the tenth time here in Ocean City as part of the annual Doo Dah celebration.
This fast-paced, fun-filled, FUNomenal presentation will include highlights, stories, tips, and déjà vus from Joel’s previous programs here as he helps you to learn about:
• the Steve Allen Principle— the secret to finding humor in life and to preventing hardening of the attitudes
• 3 reasons why you should be very serious about humor… and how humor might increase the quality and quantity of your life
• HUMOResilience and how you can use humor to tickle stress before it tackles you
• The magic of humor as aikido to turn negative situations into laughing matters
• the bottom (funny) line of humor: the art of laughing at yourself
Key concepts and cogitations from Joel:
• You gotta have a sense of HUMOR if you want to get more smileage out of your life and work.
• Seven days without laughter make one weak.
• Humor is FUN… but not for fun! Your HUMOR Prescription (HUMORx) provides serious benefits.
• Be like 2014 Doo Dah Grand Marshal Peter Funt from Candid Camera and develop your comic vision if you want to have more perspective and more laughter in your life