The Magic of Humor: A Matter of Life or Mirth
|Date:||April 10, 2015|
|Time:||2:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
The Magic of Humor: Humor Is a Matter of Life or Mirth
**Ocean City Free Public Library**April 10, 2015 from 2:00-3:00 PM**
Presented by Dr. Joel Goodman
Director of The HUMOR Project, Inc. in Saratoga Springs, NY
Dr. Joel Goodman is founder of The HUMOR Project, Inc. in Saratoga Springs, New York (www.HumorProject.com), which is the first organization in the world to focus on the positive power of humor. Joel is a popular presenter whose programs have tickled and touched the lives of millions all over the planet. In fact, Joel is one of only two professional speakers in the world to have presented in all 50 states and on all seven continents. Author of eight books and recipient of the International Lifetime of Laughter Achievement Award, his pioneering work has been featured in 7000+ TV and radio shows, newspapers and magazines in 175+ countries. Joel is back-by-popular demand for the 11th time here in Ocean City as part of the annual Doo Dah celebration.
This fast-paced, fun-filled, FUNomenal presentation will include highlights, stories, tips, and déjà vus from Joel’s previous programs here as he helps you to learn about:
- the Steve Allen Principle— the secret to finding humor in life and to preventing hardening of the attitudes
- reasons why you should be very serious about humor… and how humor might increase the quality and quantity of your life
- making sense of what gets in the way of developing your sense of humor
- The magic of humor as aikido to turn negative situations into laughing matters
- the bottom (funny) line of humor: the art of laughing at yourself
Key concepts and cogitations from Joel:
- You gotta have a sense of HUMOR if you want to get more smileage out of your life and work.
- Seven days without laughter make one weak.
- Humor is FUN… but not for fun! Your HUMOR Prescription (HUMORx) provides serious benefits.
Give us a call or email us if you would like to receive complimentary copies in the mail in the future of the Humor Sourcebook and/or complimentary copies of the monthly Laughing Matters e-mail newsletter.
Thanks so much to Mark Soifer and Karen Mahar (Ocean City Free Public Library) for all of their help!