Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Bloom’s Literature is rich with relevant content on the core authors and works most studied in the high school curriculum. Bloom’s Literature also contains important curriculum tools to help educators with lesson plans, assignments, and independent study.
- Complete coverage: Bloom’s Literature contains a wide range of reference essays and scholarly criticism examining great authors—from William Shakespeare to J. K. Rowling—and their works.
- Full-length videos of classic plays and films.
- Hundreds of full-text, classic works: Bloom’s Literature includes a Literary Classics eBook shelf containing the full contents of more than 1,000 classic works of literature.
- “How to Write about Literature”: Bloom’s Literature offers specific, student-friendly guidance on how to write good essays on the most assigned authors and works of literature.
- Shakespeare Center: Bloom’s Literature’s all-new Shakespeare Center houses in one convenient location a treasure trove of content on all things Shakespeare.
Literary Reference Center is a rich full-text literary database covering all genres and timeframes. It includes thousands of synopses, critical essays, book reviews, literary journals and author biographies, plus full-text classic novels, short stories, and poems.
- More than 100,000 classic and contemporary poems
- More than 28,000 classic and contemporary short stories
- More than 8,000 classic novels
- More than 36,000 plot summaries, synopses, and work overviews
- More than 77,000 articles/essays of literary criticism
- More than 250,000 author biographies
- More than 10,000 author interviews
- More than 370 full-text literary journals
- More than 1 million book review
For remote access, click here.
Novelist Plus is an electronic reader's advisory resource which assists fiction readers in finding new authors and titles. Novelist allows readers to use a favorite author or title as a template to locate other authors and titles of interest. It contains materials for all ages. Provided by the New Jersey State Library.
Gale Literature: Scribner Writer Series provides original, scholar signed essays on the lives and works of authors from around the world from all time periods. Entries include concise essays, citations, and biographical information that places the author and their works.
Gale Literature: Twayne's Author Series is devoted to in-depth critical introductions to the lives and works of major writers of the world within the context of the time period in which they lived. It provides insightful and original commentary on the history and influence of literature.
Business Source Elite provides full text for over 1,000 business publications. The rich collection of titles in Business Source Elite provides information dating back to 1985. More than 10,100 substantial company profiles from Datamonitor are also included. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
Business Source Premier is the industry’s most used business research database, providing full text for more than 2,300 journals, including full text for more than 1,100 peer-reviewed titles. This database provides full text back to 1886, and searchable cited references back to 1998. Business Source Premier is superior to the competition in full-text coverage in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, and economics. This database is updated daily on EBSCOhost.
Financial Ratings Series Online combines the strength of Weiss Ratings and Grey House Publishing to offer a single source for Financial Strength Ratings and Financial Planning Tools covering Insurance, Medigap Plans, Banks, Credit Unions, Mutual Funds, Stocks, and Helpful Financial Literacy Tools to help users get started.
- How to Find the Safest Bank or Credit Union in their Area
- How to Get the Best Deal on Medicare Supplement Insurance
- How to Avoid the Weakest Insurance Companies...and How to Find the Best Ones
- How to Pick the Best-Performing Stocks
- How to Find the Best-Mutual Funds, and Make Sure their Retirement Funds are Safe
Containing full text for hundreds of the most respected scholarly law journals, Legal Collection is a valuable database of information on current issues, studies, thoughts, and trends of the legal world.
- More than 160 active full-text, non-open access law journals
- More than 540 indexed publications
Offers insight into one of the industry’s broadest securities databases, along with portfolio tracking and reporting capabilities and up-to-date financial news and insights.
- Offers access to independent data and analysis on stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded products.
- Choose from more than 100 virtual educational courses on topics like understanding companies, funds, bonds, and building a portfolio.
- Use screening tools to filter investment options based on specific criteria.
- Explore a full collection of investment newsletters and dive deep into specific investment strategies.
Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, Auto Repair Source provides the most accurate, authoritative and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins, and recalls.
Curriculum Resource Center gives teachers instant access to thousands of easily reproduced handouts to supplement text and lesson plans used in middle school, high school, and junior college classrooms. This expansive collection contains thousands of fact sheets, timelines, an image gallery, printable maps, full-color science diagrams and experiments, and math activities.
ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and research. The database provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index. Content includes journal articles, research reports, curriculum and teaching guides, conference papers, dissertations and theses, and books dating back to 1966.
Scholastic Teachables—worksheets, lesson plans, learning games, and more! Formerly known as Scholastic Printables, we offer printable activities for any subject: math, science, reading comprehension, STEM, writing, and beyond. Download printable lesson plans, reading passages, games and puzzles, clip art, bulletin board ideas, and skills sheets for kids in any grade.
GreenFILE is a free research database covering the environmental effects of individuals, corporations, and governments and what can be done at each level to minimize negative impacts. It provides thousands of open access full-text records from scholarly, government and general-interest sources.
America’s GenealogyBank provides Web-based access to nearly 260 million of United States core genealogical records from 1690 to the present day. Most of these sources are unique to this collection and are difficult to find on microfilm or in print.
Quickly find your ancestors in over 300 years of historical newspapers, books, pamphlets, and government reports. Search over 1,000 newspapers; the American State Papers; US Congressional Serial Set and more. Find obituaries, birth & marriage notices; pension records, etc. Read every article on every page of the newspaper.
Ancestry® Library Edition, distributed exclusively by ProQuest and powered by Ancestry.com, delivers billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more.
Answers await everyone—whether professional or hobbyist, expert or novice, genealogist or historian—inside the more than 7,000 available databases. Here, you can unlock the story of you with sources like censuses, vital records, immigration records, family histories, military records, court and legal documents, directories, photos, maps, and more.
Popular and recently added collections include:
- U.S. collections deliver hundreds of millions of names from sources such as federal and U.S. censuses; birth, death, and marriage records including the Social Security Death Index; and U.S. border crossing and trans-ocean ship records
- Canadian collections provide nearly 60 million records from the Census of Canada, and key vital records, such as the Drouin Collection (1621-1967), which includes nearly 30 million baptism, marriage, and burial records from Quebec
- U.K. collections offer censuses for England, Wales, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, and Scotland, with nearly 200 million records: Births and Baptisms (1834-1906), Marriage Licenses (1521-1869), Deaths and Burials (1834-1934), and Poor Law Records (1840-1938) in London, and more
- Other international collections continue to grow with more than 46 million records from German censuses, vital records, emigration indexes, ship lists, phone directories, and more; Chinese surnames in the large and growing Jiapu Collection of Chinese lineage books; Jewish family history records from Eastern Europe and Russia; and more
- Military collections deliver over 150 million records containing information often not found elsewhere and includes records from the colonial to the Vietnam era
- Multimedia collections deliver millions of files ranging from family and gravestone photos to postcards and newsreels
HeritageQuest Online is a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources—rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, convenient research guides, interactive census maps, and more.
Discover the amazing history of you with HeritageQuest Online. With more than 4.4 billion records, it delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s—that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past.
Use Access Code: NJCOVID12345678
Consumer Health Complete supports the information needs of patients and fosters an overall understanding of health-related topics. This resource provides content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine.
- Nearly 500 full-text journals and magazines
- More than 520 full-text health reference books, e-books, and encyclopedias
- More than 2,600 full-text evidence-based health reports
- Nearly 500 medical images and diagrams
- Nearly 250 animations with audio narration
- Nearly 4,000 of articles covering teen health topics
- More than 12,000 articles covering senior health topics
- Full-text consumer health pamphlets and leaflets
An essential resource for your health curriculum, guidance department, and general student use, Health Reference Center includes comprehensive, in-depth coverage of body systems, current health issues, major diseases and conditions, treatments, and procedures, as well as health and nutrition information specific to men, women, children, teens, and seniors. The up-to-date information comes from hundreds of authoritative sources—information researchers can trust. Thirty-five Topic Centers—including a Teen Health Topic Center with relatable, reliable material for teens—highlight specially selected content to help users find a starting point for their studies, and numerous videos and collections of illustrations make it easy to find relevant visual media on the most frequently researched topics.
Covering both U.S. and world history topics, History Reference Center is a full-text database featuring historical reference books, magazines, journals and thousands of primary source documents.
- More than 640,000 full-text records from peer-reviewed journals, reference books, periodicals and other sources
- Nearly 2,000 full-text reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books
- More than 140 full-text history journals and magazines
- More than 81,000 full-text biographies of historical figures
- More than 56,000 full-text primary source documents
- More than 45,000 images, including maps and historical photos
- 83+ hours of historical video
- Covering more than 500 years of the African-American experience, African-American History offers a fresh way to explore the full spectrum of African-American history and culture, with tablet/mobile-friendly videos and slideshows, images, biographies of key people, event and topic entries, primary sources, maps and graphs, and timelines.
- American History is an indispensable resource for student research. Spanning our nation’s history—from prehistory to the present day—American History was developed and curated by leading editors and scholars in the study of American history. It is composed of a variety of learning assets, including articles, images, primary source documents, timelines, videos, and slideshows.
- American Indian History offers fast access to more than 15,000 years of culture and history, covering more than 600 Native American groups, through tablet/mobile-friendly videos and slideshows, images, biographies of key people, event and topic entries, primary sources, maps and graphs, and timelines. This comprehensive database allows for an interactive, multifaceted look at the indigenous peoples of the Americas.
- Ancient and Medieval History provides thorough coverage of world history from prehistory through the mid-1500s, with special Topic Centers on key civilizations and regions, including the ancient Near East, ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, ancient Rome, ancient and medieval Africa, ancient and medieval Asia, the Americas, medieval Europe, and the Islamic World. Each civilization’s history is brought to life through articles, videos and slideshows, primary sources, and more.
- Modern World History offers a comprehensive look at world history from the mid-15th century to the present. Thousands of subject entries, biographies, images, videos and slideshows, maps and graphs, primary sources, and timelines combine to provide a detailed and comparative view of the people, places, events, and ideas that have defined modern world history.
Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center is a comprehensive resource for career exploration and planning that allows users to quickly find the valuable career information they need, whether it’s industry and professions articles, school planning resources, or skills and career advice.
- Industries and Careers: Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center features expertly researched, reliable content on 140 industries and thousands of professions in areas such as agriculture, food, and natural resources; architecture and construction; arts, A/V technology, and communications; business, management, and administration; education and training; finance; government and public administration; health science; hospitality and tourism; human services; information technology; law, public safety, corrections, and security; manufacturing; marketing, sales, and service; science, technology, engineering, and mathematics; and transportation, distribution, and logistics.
- Plan Your Education: Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center can help students find the schools that are the best fit—choose from undergraduate, graduate, nursing, and vocational and tech schools in the U.S. and Canada, and narrow your list by location, tuition, enrollment, sports, areas of study, campus housing, and a variety of other characteristics.
- Launch Your Career: Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center offers expert advice on writing résumés and cover letters, interviewing, applying for apprenticeships and internships, professional etiquette, and other workplace topics.
- Essential Resources for Career Exploration and Skill Building: Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center’s exclusive workplace skills development content can help students prepare for a career in any field and support academic success and general life skills.
LearningExpress Library helps libraries improve the lives of their patrons every day through a highly-acclaimed eLearning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more.
Targeted Learning Centers Include:
- College admissions and placement exams (ACT, SAT, AP, and TOEFL)
- Academic skills-improvement for 4th grade skills-level through college (reading, writing, math, science)
- Graduate School Admissions exams (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT and MCAT)
- Adult learning (reading, writing, math, science and more)
- High school equivalency (GED, HiSET, and TASC) test prep
- U.S. citizenship test prep in English and Spanish
- Spanish content available for the GED test and academic skills improvement
- Career occupational certification exam prep
- Easy-to-use website navigation
- Responsive design for mobile devices
- Guidance pages and personalized learning roadmap
- Individualized study plans
- Secure personal portfolio
Learning a new language isn't easy. Committing to a new way of communicating is a verbal and physical commitment that is unfamiliar, but rewarding in what you'll discover along the way. A blend of the right content at the right time, with intelligent algorithms and native-speaker audio, and powered by proven methodologies, Mango’s adaptive learning process evolves to your progress and unique learning behaviors, preparing you to start the conversation with confidence.
Rosetta Stone offers courses in 30 languages, from the most commonly spoken (such as English, Spanish, and Mandarin) to the less prominent (including Swahili, Swedish, and Tagalog).
The company’s language-learning techniques — acclaimed for their power to unlock the natural language-learning ability in everyone — are used by schools, businesses, government organizations, and millions of individuals around the world. Rosetta Stone lets users learn their second language the way they learned their first — with an intuitive, immersive method that's as fun to use as it is effective. Rosetta Stone’s method teaches the way individuals naturally learn, and offers real-time feedback and live interaction to keep users on track.
Fold3 provides convenient access to military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who served. The records at Fold3 help you discover and share stories about these everyday heroes, forgotten soldiers, and the families that supported them. On Fold3, you can combine records found on the site with what you have in your own albums and shoeboxes to create an online memorial for someone who served.
Freegal offers access to about 15 million songs, including Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists, and over 40,000 music videos. In total, the collection is comprised of music from over 40,000 labels with music that originates in over 100 countries.
- The gateway to Grove Music Online, with access to search The Oxford Dictionary of Music and The Oxford Companion to Music
- The authoritative resource for music research with over 52,000 articles written by nearly 9,000 scholars charting the diverse history and cultures of music around the globe
This comprehensive news collection is ideal for exploring issues and events at the local, regional, national and international levels. Its diverse source types include print and online-only newspapers, blogs, newswires, journals, broadcast transcripts, and videos. Use it to explore a specific event or to compare a wide variety of viewpoints on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities, and people. Content is easily searched and sorted through an intuitive, map-based interface.
- Star-Ledger Collection
- Philadelphia Inquirer Collection
- USA - New Jersey
- Major Metro Titles
- Press of Atlantic City, The (NJ)
- Record, The (Hackensack, NJ)
- Access Business News
- Press of Atlantic City Collection
- America's News Magazines
ProQuest's Global Newsstream enables users to search the most recent global news content, as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring content from newspapers, newswires, and news sites in active full-text format. This product provides one of the largest collections of news from the US, Canada, Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Australia. All titles are cross-searchable on the ProQuest platform allowing researchers easy access to multiple perspectives, resources, and languages on the topic they are researching.
- This database offers unparalleled access to the full text of over 190 Canadian newspapers from Canada's leading publishers. This full-text database includes the complete available electronic backfile for most newspapers, providing full access to the articles, columns, editorials, and features published in each. Some backfiles date as far back as the late 1970s.
- In the modern news world, newswires are the chief source of timely news and, with increasing pressures on the traditional news industry, newswires are often the only news coverage for many large regions of the globe. Global Breaking Newswires is the premier library news product providing timely access to the best newswire content available from around the globe for the modern researcher as well as a growing archive of news indexed and accessible through the familiar & popular research functionality of the ProQuest platform.
- International Newsstream provides the most recent news content outside of the US and Canada, with archives that stretch back decades featuring newspapers, newswires, and news sites in active full-text format. ProQuest International Newsstream provides information from more than 660 of the world's top newspapers, including The Times (London), The Bangkok Post, El Norte, Financial Times, The Guardian, Jerusalem Post, South China Morning Post, The Daily Telegraph, Asian Wall Street Journal, and the BBC Monitoring series of publications.
- US Newsstream enables users to search the most recent premium U.S. news content, as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format. For academic and public libraries, US Newsstream offers exclusive access to the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, The New York Times, and co-exclusive access (with Factiva) to The Wall Street Journal. US Newsstream also offers one of the largest collections of local and regional newspapers and is cross-searchable on the ProQuest platform.
This Historical Newspaper (New York Times) provides genealogists, researchers, and scholars with online, easily-searchable first-hand accounts and unparalleled coverage of the politics, society, and events of the time.
Coverage: 1851 - 2014
Newspaper Source provides cover-to-cover full text for hundreds of national (U.S.), international and regional newspapers. In addition, it offers television and radio news transcripts from major networks.
- More than 60 full-text national (U.S.) and international newspapers
- More than 300 full-text regional (U.S.) newspapers
The Ocean City Free Public Library Newspaper Archive is now only available as in-library-access only, similar to many of our other online databases. These changes have been put in place due to copyright restrictions.
The content has remained the same, with access to:
- Daily Sentinel
- Daily Reporter
- Ocean City News
- Ocean City Sentinel
- Cape May County Gazette
- Somers Point Herald
- Ocean City Sentinel Ledger
TOPICsearch contains full text for over 150,961 articles from 475 diverse sources including international and regional newspapers, EBSCO's unparalleled collection of periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and government information.
Each day, America’s Obituaries & Death Notices collects records from more than 4,260 newspapers nationwide, making them available through one fully searchable database. This comprehensive resource features nearly 67 million listings—this is about 90% of all recent obituaries and death notices published in the United States.
For remote access, click here.
A popular resource found in many scholarly settings worldwide, Academic Search Premier is a leading multidisciplinary research database. It provides acclaimed full-text journals, magazines and other valuable resources.
- More than 3,100 active full-text journals and magazines
- Nearly 2,800 active full-text peer-reviewed journals
- More than 1,200 active full-text peer-reviewed journals with no embargo
- More than 2,200 active full-text journals indexed in Web of Science or Scopus
- Religion and philosophy
- Science and technology
- Veterinary science
- EBSCOhost Web
- Academic Search Premier
- NoveList Plus
- EBSCOhost Espanol
- Literary Reference Center
- Points of View
- Consumer Health Complete
- Business Searching Interface
- EBSCOhost Web Interface
- Image Quick View
- EBSCOhost Mobile profile
- Referencia Latina
- Auto Repair Source
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
- NoveList K-8 Plus
- History Reference Center
- Legal Information Reference Center
- Small Business Reference Center
- Explora Primary Schools
- Explora Secondary Schools
- Explora Public Libraries
- Explora Educator's Edition
- Job and Career Accelerator
- Rosetta Stone Library Solution
- Biography Reference Center
Designed specifically for public libraries, this database provides full-text magazines, reference books, and primary source documents. It also includes an extensive image collection containing photos, maps, and flags.
- More than 1,600 full-text magazines and journals
- More than 440 full-text reference books
- More than 55,100 primary source documents
- More than 1.8 million photos, maps, and flags
Reference Solutions is the premier source of business and residential information for reference and research. Reference Solutions offers the most up-to-date data available in the market. Reference Solution's business and consumer databases are continuously updated from more than 5,000 public sources. With Reference Solutions, patrons can find jobs by job skills, location, and industry, view historical market trends, find business opportunities, track down addresses and phone numbers, locate companies nationwide, discover news articles for research, and research business executives.
With a wealth of content and a dynamic design that facilitates STEM research and learning, Science Online offers a comprehensive overview of a broad range of scientific disciplines. Topic Centers feature specially selected content on core science disciplines to help students find a starting point for their research. Students can also access the full, updated content of our unique science eLearning Modules, which target a variety of core topics and feature valuable Teacher Support materials for seamless in-class integration.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Science Online contains a wealth of proprietary book and journal articles, images and videos, topic-specific timelines, tables and charts, and diagrams that provide a thorough grounding in all areas of the science curriculum.
- Topic Centers: Science Online includes specially selected content that composes a virtual study guide for the most researched scientific disciplines, including biology, chemistry, computer science, Earth science, environmental science, marine science, space and astronomy, and physics.
- Videos and Animations: Videos and animations that reinforce visual learning, stimulate interest, and provide convenient overviews and discussion starters.
- Experiments, Activities, and Interactives: Science Online also features more than 1,600 science experiments and activities.
- Biographies: Science Online includes helpful lists of leading computer scientists, astrophysicists, inventors, engineers, environmentalists, women scientists, astronauts, and mathematicians.
- Science in the News: Science Online contains a selection of featured articles from the award-winning Today’s Science, highlighting recent scientific events and discoveries.
Science Reference Center is a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full-text science-oriented content. This database contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
Designed specifically for high school libraries, MAS Ultra – School Edition is a full-text database of popular magazines, reference books and primary sources covering many subjects, including history, science and health. It also includes and over a million photos, maps and flags.
- More than 470 full-text magazines
- More than 340 full-text reference books
- More than 100,000 full-text biographies
- More than 55,000 primary source documents
- An image collection of more than 1.8 million photos, maps, flags and color PDFs
Designed for middle school libraries, Middle Search Plus is a full-text database providing popular middle school magazines and reference books. Covering subjects such as history, current events, science, and sports, it also includes thousands of biographies and primary source documents, plus over a million photos, maps, and flags.
- More than 180 full-text magazines
- More than 100,000 full-text biographies
- More than 55,000 full-text primary source documents
- An image collection of more than 1.8 million photos, maps, and flags
The Tutor.com Learning Suite combines online tutoring, homework help, and test preparation with powerful diagnostic tools and self-study resources to provide a well-balanced and flexible educational environment designed to meet the individual needs of all learners.
Containing resources that present multiple sides of an issue, the Points of View Reference Center provides rich content that can help students assess and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues, and develop analytical thinking skills.
- More than 1,900 essays
- 455 topics
- Leading political magazines from across the political spectrum
- Radio and television news transcripts
- Reference books
- Guided analysis research guides
- Primary source documents
- Illustrations/Charts in context
- Citizens' rights
- Earth and environment
- Global issues
- Health and medicine
- Media and communications
- National debate topics
- People and society/culture
- Women's issues
Designed for elementary school libraries, Primary Search is a full-text database providing popular children’s magazines, easy-to-read encyclopedic entries, and a vast image collection. Students can learn about a variety of topics, including endangered species, famous musicians, fitness and space exploration.
- More than 180,000 full-text articles (many in color PDF) from 100 popular children's magazines
- Easy-to-read encyclopedic entries written specifically for kids
- An image collection of more than 1.8 million relevant photos, maps, and flags
Testing & Education Reference Center is a valuable online tool library patrons and students of all ages can use for standardized test preparation, researching and selecting college and graduate schools, finding tuition assistance, and exploring careers. Help students in your community turn future goals into realities with test prep assistance for career certification exams, as well as, advice on resumes, cover letters, interviewing and networking, and so much more.
- Test prep - Full-length, timed, and free practice exams that simulate the actual testing experience for AP, ACT, SAT, PSAT, GED, HiSET, and TASC exams. Diagnostic pre-tests help students determine where they stand and how much test prep they need before taking an assessment.
- College planning -Intuitive searches and quick results deliver prospective students information on more than 4,000 accredited schools, including college location, tuition, academics, admission or enrollment requirements, college campus life, and much more.
- Financial aid tools - Students and parents can benefit from applying the undergraduate scholarship search, financial aid award analyzer, college savings calculator, tuition cost finder, and more.
- Career development - The Resume Builder and Virtual Careers Library tools assist students in the career development process by building on essential skills—like how to build a resume, cover letter, and interviewing tips for users at all career stages. Using the Career Module, tests help users map interests and aptitudes to the most suitable job categories, industries, and occupations.
- International tools - Help students and library patrons prep to pass the TOEFL (iBT), TOEFL (PBT), TOEIC, and U.S. Citizenship tests with online resources like practice tests and eBooks.
Emergent learners will engage in an interactive and playful environment that encourages reading comprehension and mastery of phonetic skills. Early World of Learning is full of stories, videos, songs, and games to provide a firm foundation for 21st-century learning and digital citizenship
A video-based how-to training resource, Hoonuit opens up unlimited access to thousands of short videos covering more than 500 of today's most popular software applications on both PCs and Macs.
- All the latest offerings — Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, Google, and more
- Valuable job training — Improve job skills with in-depth training on Excel and Photoshop, or learn valuable social media techniques with tutorials on Twitter, blogging, and podcasting
- Mobile training — Learn how to use mobile products such as the iPhone and iPad
- Access anywhere — Watch videos at the library or remotely from home
- ADA Accessibility — All videos are closed captioned Accessibility Statement
To access the training module:
1. Go to https://www.rbdigital.com/oceancityfreenj/service/hoonuit
2. Click on the "Browse Tutorials" button.
3. Enter your username and password. If you have not created an account yet, click on "Create New Account".
4. From the main dashboard, you can search for software that you are interested in, or you can browse the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
World Geography and Culture is a resource for the study of countries, cultures, and geography concepts. Every country of the world is profiled in-depth, with more than 40 entries and more than 100 statistical indicators covering all aspects of each nation’s geography, history, society, and culture. At-a-glance information, maps and flags, videos, images, gazetteer entries, biographies of famous people, a timeline, and current news supplement each country profile. Information for the U.S. states, Canadian provinces, and international territories is similarly detailed.
- Extensive country entries: descriptions of more than 200 countries and territories, with information on geography, people and culture, weather and climate, history, government, and society; maps and flags; facts and figures; videos and images; and news articles
- U.S. state profiles: descriptions of all 50 states and Washington, D.C., with political, outline, elevation, and locator maps; city and geographical features maps; flags; facts and figures; government information; biographies; timeline; videos, and images
- Original, easy-to-read maps: more than 1,600 political, elevation, and outline maps; regional geographic and thematic maps; city, state, and physical features maps; and more
- Compare and rank tools: tools that compare and rank countries or U.S. states by a variety of criteria
- Images and videos: more than 8,000 images and illustrations offer a visual exploration of the world’s cultures and more than 2,300 video clips from 180 full-length videos provide introductions to the study of human and physical geography
- News articles by country, updated regularly
- Authoritative source list: expertly researched and written content from a wealth of print titles
Infobase's Access Video On Demand offers access to more than 37,000 full-length videos and 330,000 clips, on or off-site.
Arts and Humanities
- Art & Architecture
- Language & Literature
- Media & Society
- Music & Dance
- World Languages
Business and Economics
- Business Education
- Business Technology
- Ethics & Business Law
- Finance, Accounting & Taxation
Careers and Trades
- Career Planning & Resources
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Technical & Trade Skills
- Technology Survival Skills
Health and Wellness
- Diseases, Disorders & Disabilities
- Health Care & Treatment
- Health Careers
- The Human Body
- Personal Health & Wellness
- Public Health
Home and Family
- Family & Living
- Home & How-To
- Sports & Fitness
- Teen Issues
- Crime & Law
- Global Studies
- Philosophy & Religion
- Political Science
- Technology & Society
- World Culture & Society
Travel and Recreation
Science, Mathematics, and Technology
- Earth Science
- The Environment
Archival Films and Newsreels